NDP 2019-20 football preview

Trey Cartledge, Senior (Mike Harvey)

Trey Cartledge, Senior (Mike Harvey)

Andrew Sodhi, Student Writer

Trey Cartledge, Senior (Mike Harvey)

High school football, a great tradition every Friday night, will be beginning soon. Notre Dame Preparatory football team’s season will begin at 6 p.m. Friday, Aug. 23, at Bemis Field.

The whole team is ready to win the championship that they came so close to winning last year.

A team with multiple players already committed to a college for football, including Brock Locnickar (Harvard), Cade Bennett (Oklahoma State University) and Spencer Roy and Connor Butt (Army West Point).

“I am most excited for the Desert Mountain game,” says Brock Locnickar. “The rivalry is intense and the stands are always filled.” Locnickar says he only has two goals this season: to win the championship and to win Gridiron Player of the Year.

This team also includes head coach George Prelock, who has gone 26-2 in his first two seasons as a head coach, both losses coming in the championship game against Centennial.

This team is hungry to finally reach the peak of the mountain they have been climbing. With over 20 seniors on the team, they are realizing this is their last chance for them to raise a banner in the rafters of the gym and to put a championship ring on their finger.

With Centennial no longer on the schedule for NDP, it is difficult to believe NDP will not win the championship that has eluded them for so long.