Fall sports highlights

Erika Kramer, Staff Writer

Winter sports are officially upon us, but the closing of fall sports at Notre Dame Prep is definitely not one to forget.

Varsity Football dominated the headlines. The undefeated team advanced to the state finals but Centennial defeated the Saints for the second year in a row, this year 60-7.

Other fall sports were filled with new personal records, medals and even a state championship. Athletes did not fall short of making memorable seasons.

“This season is the most fun I’ve ever had. I love my teammates: we’re brothers,” said senior football player Robby Brodar.

Daniel J. McCauley IV
NDP Varsity Volleyball gathers after timeout against Centennial.

NDP Varsity Volleyball
NDP Girls’ Varsity Volleyball went 6-4 in section and 21-15 overall. In October, the team won first place medals in the division at the Nike Tournament. They lost in the first round of playoffs in close games to Sunrise Mountain High School.

NDP Girls Golf smiles after their first match.

NDP Varsity Girls’ Golf
Varsity Girls’ Golf placed top ten at state. At one tournament this year, 4/5 girls shot their personal best! Senior golfer Jordan Weaver marks the highlight of the season shooting -1 for 18 holes. The team appreciated the big dog pound turnout on senior night making it one to never forget.

“Everyday we gave it our personal best, and that’s all I could have asked for,” said senior captain Sofia Blavatsky.

NDP Boy’s Golf smiles after winning the Mountain Ridge Invitational.

NDP Varsity Boys’ Golf
NDP Varsity Golf finished fourth in regular team play for the season. They also finished third overall in the state despite the second day rainout. The team were champs at the Mountain Ridge Invitational. Golfers Jackson Van Slyck, Jonathan Curran and Cade Anderson ended in top six at state. Jonathan Curran won the AJGA Senior Showcase hosted by Danielle Kang in Las Vegas on Dec. 2 with a 70-68 to win by 5.

NDP Varsity Swim and Dive
This season was not quite full of wins but that did not keep them from enjoying the season. Varsity swim got a new head coach, Katie Miller, who taught athletes how to compete at a collegiate level. Swimmer Ayden Chanin finished fifth at state, and William Bansburg finished sixth to represent the team.

“Coach Katie was a new coach and swam for the University of Notre Dame, so it was really cool to have her she knew her stuff,” junior swimmer Garrett Boiski said.

Mike Harvey
Cross Country takes off at their first race of the season.

NDP Cross Country
Although NDP Cross Country did not receive any first place awards at invitationals, the season was still great. Everyone on the team got a new Personal Record.

“Seeing everyone on the team set new personal records was truly inspiring and emphasized the hard work we gave all season,” said junior runner Dylan O’Hara.

Athletes did not fall short of exceeding expectations this season.