Swimmers Sustain Loss in Close Meet

McDowell+Mountain+Ranch+Aquatic+Center%2C+where+NDP+Swim+and+Dive+home+meets+are+held.+%28Samantha+Torre%2FThe+Seraphim%29+
McDowell Mountain Ranch Aquatic Center, where NDP Swim and Dive home meets are held. (Samantha Torre/The Seraphim)

By Samantha Torre, Staff Writer

In a tight meet that was determined by only three points, the Notre Dame Preparatory Swim and Dive Team lost to Boulder Creek High School with a final score of 186-183. While the NDP girls were able to score more points over their opponents, the guys lost to Boulder Creek. The meet took place on Sept 21 at 4 p.m. at the McDowell Mountain Aquatic Center, one minute away from NDP.

Despite the loss, NDP won multiple races: sophomore Ayden Chanin won the girls’ 500-meter freestyle (20 laps of freestyle stroke) and sophomore Connor Markl won the boys’ 100-meter backstroke (four laps of backstroke). It is also impressive to note that in the 200-meter medley relay (two laps each of butterfly, backstroke, breaststroke, and freestyle), the 200-meter free (eight laps of freestyle), the 100-meter backstroke, and the 100-meter breaststroke (four laps of breaststroke), NDP girls and boys took first place finishes.

As for the divers, junior Cody Streifel-Gollon won first place in the boys’ category with 178.45 points, and senior Morgan Hoffman took second place in the girls’ category with 149.95 points.

The team was still cheered on by fellow Saints. Senior Alexa Markl said, “It made me feel so good seeing my friends cheering for me at the other side of the pool. It was great knowing that they came to support our team and the swimmers.”

The team record was 2-1 prior to a home meet on Sept. 28 at against Arcadia High School.

• A&E

Capstone: NDP journey from Grade 9 to Grade 12

• News

Exceptional poem written by an NDP Senior

• Swimmers Sustain Loss in Close Meet

Fine arts are on the rise

• Swimmers Sustain Loss in Close Meet

Examples of dialogue: three student voices

• Swimmers Sustain Loss in Close Meet

Solutions to sleep deprivation

• Swimmers Sustain Loss in Close Meet

Are high school students gaining enough sleep?

• Swimmers Sustain Loss in Close Meet

Stereotypes of STEM persist

• Swimmers Sustain Loss in Close Meet

New ways to deal with technology

• Swimmers Sustain Loss in Close Meet

Robotics and chess: thriving clubs at NDP

• Swimmers Sustain Loss in Close Meet

Technology addiction concerns educators

Swimmers Sustain Loss in Close Meet