Open house deemed a success

From left, potential NDP student and her father speak to NDP principal, Mrs. Platt (Andrew Lindbloom/ The Seraphim)

By Andrew Lindbloom, Staff Writer

Although the Notre Dame Preparatory campus is usually deserted on Sunday mornings, November 5 proved to be an exception. With 88 student ambassadors and 75 faculty members serving as a welcoming committee for the annual Open House event, swarms of future Saints families filled the Dale M. Jensen Gymnasium and toured the campus in hopes of learning more about the school.

Prospective families not only met faculty members, coaches, and student ambassadors, and learned about academics, sports, performing arts and clubs, they were given a thorough tour of the NDP grounds. Conducted every 15 minutes by student ambassadors, parents and prospective students were given a glimpse of the facilities, while gaining important insight from students and faculty.

According to Mr. Rylski, NDP’s Director of Admissions, 315 people toured campus.

“We received amazing feedback from attendees, especially in regards to our student ambassadors,” he said.

Noting the change in climate from one year ago when the football team was declared ineligible and the coach was dismissed, Rylski said. ” … People are excited about the football team and the new leadership of Coach Prelock, [athletic director] Mr. Cisterna and [principal] Mrs. Platt.”