Nards are dog crazy

Jenna Glovsky, Staff Writer

Do you have the cutest dog ever?  You might think you do, but you’ll get into some serious arguments if you say that around campus.  NDP has many loving dog owners and even a canine lovers’ club that will have furry pets here during finals week .

Paws Club is bringing in five therapy dogs for underclassmen to play with for stress relief May 22 through May 24.  These dogs will be available to the students during the break between the two finals on any of the three given days in front of the chapel, according to Mary Jane Wright, club co-moderator.

This year’s annual auction and fashion show on Saturday, May 6, featured a two-month-old chocolate labradoodle.  This female pup is cute as can be and is now the newest member of the Patrick family.  Senior Angela Patrick named her new dog Penny because she is as pretty as a penny.

Here are some of NDP’s student/dog pairs.

Brody Bergevin and Duke and Enzo

Senior Brody Bergevin has a brown lab and a black lab, Duke (7) and Enzo (2).  These three pals enjoy naps, wrestling, and nightly sleepovers.  Bergevin said, “My dogs take up more of my bed than I do at night.”  He allows both large dogs to sleep in his double size bed every night.  He said, “I have had dogs my whole life and I can’t image life without them.”

Enzo and Duke take up more of the bed than Brody Bergevin as he attempts to nap.

Mariana Galindo and Rocco

Mariana Galindo and Rocco the labradoodle are two of NDP’s best friends.  As anyone who has a Snapchat knows, Galindo loves her dog.  She said, “I strongly feel that Rocco is cuter than everyone else’s dogs, so I like to post pictures of him on my Snapchat story.”  She adopted this one year old dog last february and said, “I love my dog more than my sister.”  Galindo and Rocco’s favorite activities to do together include cuddling, playing fetch, and eating breakfast at Snooze.  

Mariana Galindo poses with her puppy, Rocco.

Erick Muro and Diesel

Senior Erick Muro adopted a two month old Hungarian French Bulldog in January of 2017.  Muro named this two- pound pup Diesel after his dark black fur.  He said, “I picked him because who could say no to that cute little face.”  Some of this duo’s favorite activities to do together include napping, watching TV, and going on regular walks.  Muro loves Diesel so much he even said, “I would die for that dog.”

Erick Muro cuddles with his puppy Diesel.

• Nards are dog crazy

Top Stories

Changes ahead for new school year

• Nards are dog crazy

Top Stories

8 highlights of ‘A Tale as Old as Time’

• Nards are dog crazy

Top Stories

Increase in new teachers likely next year

• Nards are dog crazy

Top Stories

‘Sound of Music’ warms audience’s hearts

• Nards are dog crazy

Deep dive: online vs. traditional education

• Nards are dog crazy

Commentary

Top memories for Class of ’17

• Nards are dog crazy

Top Stories

Changes ahead for new school year

• Nards are dog crazy

Competition taking over American life

• Nards are dog crazy

Planning a future in medicine?

• Nards are dog crazy

7 Saints doing cool things

Nards are dog crazy